Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need advice regarding a female coworker. Have others become jealous/insecure if I befriend a married girl?

I work with this married girl (April-not her real name.) I am single. We have been hanging out after work for a couple of months, having lunches or drinks. We enjoy each other's company. Sometimes, she would confide in me about how she was not happy with her husband. I would listen to her and tried to be positive with my responses in regards to her husband. At the same time, the female coworkers noticed we had been spending time together. The female coworkers ganged up on her and asked her why she was spending time with me since she was married. Of course, she replied we're just friends. Keep in mind, nothing sexual was going on with me and April. At the same time, her husband was not too happy that she was spending time with me from time to time. What now has occurred is that from our relationship as friends, others have perceived a romantic relationship. April has now pulled back from her usual self with me and I don't know how to repair our friendship. Any advice?I need advice regarding a female coworker. Have others become jealous/insecure if I befriend a married girl?
First thing is always do a “self check”. Make sure your intentions are only to be friends, if that is true then you worry about the other things. You can’t control what coworkers or a husband think and you can’t control what “April” thinks. A friendship is two ways, if she pulls back you just stand there and let her know if she wants you are there. If she doesn’t come back to the friendship you have your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment